Friday, September 13, 2013

A few winning recipes

Hello! I always love getting new recipes recommended to me. Trying a new recipe that sounds great but doesn't taste great is such a bummer. We've tried a few new winning recipes recently so I thought I'd share them with you in case you are up to trying something new this week!  {I got these all via Pinterest}

Last night we tried these Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. Oh my goodness. They contain no eggs or dairy and are gluten free as well. I made them with natural Peanut Butter, and I omitted the maple syrup. They didn't need any additional sweetness, in fact I might reduce the sugar a bit next time I bake them. And yes, that will be very soon. I tripled the recipe and got about 2 dozen cookies. Don't store them directly on top of each other, they stick.

For last night's dinner, we had this Crockpot beef stew. I love a good crockpot recipe, and since I'm so anxious for fall I've been dreaming of stews and soups all week. I got a good deal on stew meat at Costco so I knew this meal was going to find its way into our kitchen this week. It smelled heavenly all day long (I cooked it about 7 hours) and I loved the addition of mushrooms to this recipe. Besides the chopping of the veggies, its super simple and since all that can be done ahead of time its really an easy meal. Give it a try!

Ok lastly is a recipe for pancakes. We had them for dinner, but I ate the leftovers for both breakfast and lunch so its an all-around good recipe :) This was recommended by a friend on Facebook and the idea of Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes just couldn't be ignored, plus I was trying to pull dinner together without having to go to the grocery store. They were delicious and I had all the ingredients, so it was a double win! I might cut back just a bit on the chocolate chips next time to make them a little less desserty... but they were so, so good. Zoe's chocolate covered face was a ringing endorsement, and they will be made again soon.

Well, there are a few kitchen ideas for you, friends! Enjoy! Have any great recipes you've tried lately that you'd like to share?


No comments:

Post a Comment