Monday, September 16, 2013

Big Apple Escape

Last weekend we left Zoe with my parents and spent most of the weekend in NYC, just the mister and me. It was wonderful. It's the longest I've been away from Zoe and while I wondered about her at times, I was having too much fun to worry :) 
We parked at our hotel in NJ and took the bus into the city, then caught the subway up to Yankee stadium for the afternoon game. The weather was perfect and we had an exciting game! The Yankees lost unfortunately but it was fun all the same. My favorite player, Derek Jeter, has struggled with injury all season and hasn't played much at all. I did get to see him play on Saturday before he injured himself in the 6th inning and will be out for the rest of the season!
After the game, we met up with friends from church who moved to the City almost 2 years ago after getting married. It was so nice to spend time with them, seeing where they live and hearing about life in the big city :) They took us out for dinner to this great new place in their neighborhood. The food and atmosphere were great- it's probably one of my favorite restaurants ever! We remarked with glee at 8pm that we hadn't even ordered dinner yet-- it's the little things when your schedule is usually dictated by kids bedtimes!! We enjoyed a great night and went to bed late without dreading an early morning wake-up cry. 
Sunday we manged to sleep in a little and then walked down the street for breakfast at Starbucks. We took our time getting packed up and leisurely went on our way to pick up Zoe. Of course she was napping when we arrived at my parents house (she slept so well in their basement we're figuring our how to install one at our place...), so we were able to chat a bit before getting on the road home. It was a relaxing, rejuvenating and entirely enjoyable weekend. Thanks to my parents for taking such good care of our little girl, and for offering to do it again :) 
(Our memento mug from the trip-- possibly my new favorite)

No comments:

Post a Comment