Friday, January 14, 2011

oh my darling, clementine

We had a staff meeting all afternoon at school today and our director provided pizza and fruit for us since it started during lunch. I walked in holding my beautiful green salad, telling myself how delicious it was going to taste (despite the intoxicating smell of Papa John's pizza nearby... my favorite of course), and reminding myself that I could be perfectly content with this tasty grilled chicken salad. I ignored the looks of other staff eying my salad with disdain as they bit into the gooey cheese, crispy pepperoni and soft crust. I would have been fine if the meeting was shorter, the pizza was all gone, or there was not a giant bowl of fruit directly in front of me on the table. Eventually I decided it was either fruit or pizza but I couldn't resist them both. I caved. Oh clementine, you were just what I needed. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am impressed--I totally would have caved for the pizza! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete