Monday, December 10, 2012

Thanksgiving

Yes I know, Thanksgiving seems far gone already as Christmas looms ahead of us, coming more quickly each year it seems. But things were busy around here around Thanksgiving and I wasn't able to post anything about it until now. Its a rare night where Zoe is asleep and Geoff is out doing some Christmas shopping and so the house is quiet and dishes are cleaned and I feel like I actually have a minute to address the blogisphere!

 We celebrated Thanksgiving with Geoff's family in Wisconsin. Last time we saw them was in July and Zoe was just mastering sitting up on her own~ fast forward to November and she was crawling all around and into everything and it gave us quite a clear picture of how much she's changed in 4 months!

Zoe got some new toys from Oma and Opa which helped keep her entertained, but she mostly liked watching Opa in the kitchen :) Unfortunately she was going through a clingy, mommy period where she did not like to be out of my reach and certainly not out of my sight. This was a bit challenging for me and sad for Oma and Opa but hopefully next time will be better! We enjoyed a relaxed time with them, visiting with family, playing cards, going out to eat... I know, sounds pretty good right! We're already looking forward to our next visit!

Just a few of the many, many things I'm particularly thankful for this year...
~ a loving husband with a servant's heart
~ the gift of motherhood and a healthy daughter who brings such joy to our home
~ family who loves and supports us, prays for us, prioritizes time with us, and will point Zoe to the Lord
~ a church community who cares for us spiritually and tangibly
~ a faithful, gracious Heavenly Father
~ Geoff's stable job that provides enough for me to be able to stay home with Zoe
~ my sister moving close by
~ coffee and chocolate :)

I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving holidays, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment