Friday, December 21, 2012

Trimming the Tree

Having little hands around to "help" decorate this year has definitely changed things... we debated about putting up a tree or not but finally decided to go ahead with it. Geoff even surprised me by suggesting we get a live tree this year rather than put up our [puny] fake one we used the past 2 years. It fit well in our tiny apartment when we first moved here but there just is no comparison to the beauty of a real vs. fake tree. {Thanks again, honey!} I grew up with live trees so its something that's hard for me to compromise on. When Geoff and I were dating in college, he lived off campus with some guys and we all went out one Saturday morning to cut down a tree after I'd made french toast for everyone. One of my favorite memories from college, probably~ it felt like such a family activity. Here we are:
Anyway, back to now... we've really enjoyed the Christmas season as a family so far this year. Telling Zoe about ornaments as we hung them on the tree, going to the neighborhood tree lighting ceremony, driving through our neighborhood to judge look at outside Christmas lights... it's been a lot of fun making new memories and anticipating the years to come of new normals and new traditions. For next year I plan to make a felt tree for Zoe to decorate all her own like this one and make some sort of Advent calendar to do as a family. I'm looking forward to it already!





Enjoy some pictures of our Christmas adventures so far this year... we are doing our Peck family Christmas (the 3 of us) on Saturday and heading up to PA to be with my family for Christmas week on Sunday. We hope you all enjoy your Christmas holiday!
Old Town Alexandria
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment