Friday, December 30, 2011

New Tradition


I was determined to make homemade cinnamon rolls this year for Christmas morning. Our original plans for Christmas of going to my parent's house changed when I was put on bed rest, but thankfully they were able to come to us for the weekend (except my brother Tyler who was supposed to work- we missed you!). My sister put the dough together Christmas Eve- she is quite the master baker- and we let it rise overnight. Christmas morning I broke a few rules and was on my feet long enough to roll out the cinnamon rolls while my sister made the icing. These rolls were delicious and its kinda embarrassing to think how many we consumed that day and the next... and I wish we had even more leftover because one would go perfectly with this cup of coffee I'm sipping. Needless to say, homemade rolls have been declared a new Christmas morning tradition. Anyway, here is the super simple recipe for the rolls, and the icing we used. Maybe you'd like to make some for New Years day?

p.s. when I rolled them out, I got 12-14 one-inch rolls out of each half of the dough so we had almost 30 smaller rolls which were perfect for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment