Tuesday, December 20, 2011

37.4

According to my daily reminder from BabyCenter.com, we've got 17 days to go until D-Day! Of course being 37 weeks and 4 days pregnant actually means that our little one could arrive any day... or not for 3 or 4 more weeks. I'm not so uncomfortable that I'm begging the little one to come early, but I'd be quite happy to not wait the whole 40 weeks (or beyond) to meet baby. While I hear they are easier to deal with inside your belly, I'm anxious to get into the next phase: motherhood! Remind me of that when I'm sleep deprived, will you?

We completed 2 birth classes at our OBs office, which were both informational and practically useful. I may not remember my breathing or imagery during labor, but its helping to keep my blood pressure down in the meantime :)

The car seat is installed in the backseat. The stroller is folded up in the trunk. The diaper bag is packed and ready to go, and my hospital bag is basically ready besides those last minute items you really can't part with ahead of time (i.e. eyeglasses). And as Geoff likes to focus on, we have everything we need to keep baby alive for the first 24 hours at home. After that, he can run to the store :)

No comments:

Post a Comment