Thursday, June 23, 2011

Q & A

Since we shared the news of Geoff Jr. on the way {no, we're not actually having a Jr., especially if its a girl :) }, we've of course been having similar conversations with many of you so I thought it'd be good idea to have a mock Q&A here on our blog, especially for those of you we don't get to talk to regularly.
When are you due?
Baby Peck is expected to arrive around January 5th. Yes, we've been reminded that for tax purposes, getting baby out before 1/1/12 would be financially wise so I'll see what I can do :) Except if baby waits until 1/10, it will share its birthday with my mom which would be pretty special too. And further away from the holiday madness...

How are you feeling?
I have been spared morning sickness which is such a blessing, so I really have been feeling just fine. I am quite tired, all the time, but that's really not much to complain about. I feel lazy but I'm told my body is working hard so it's excusable. It is hard to find things to eat sometimes because more often than not, nothing really sounds good to me. I've had much more aversions to food than cravings so far. Things I am liking include: pasta, chocolate milk, lemonade, and fruit. Things that make me shudder: seafood, creamy sauces like Alfredo, and Mexican food (the Mexican has been especially hard for Geoff since we used to have it 1-2x per week...). I'm also not enjoying coffee like I used to. I drink a cup on rare occasions but generally have no desire for it. This is the biggest difference by far, because I was quite coffee-dependent!

Are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl?
This is a tough one and we really haven't decided yet. I love the idea of being surprised until the moment baby is born. I think that will just add more excitement to that day. But its also easier for planning and preparing if we know, and 9 months is a long time to call it "baby." However, we'd probably buy a lot of neutral things anyway so we can use them for more than one child. So we're still deciding on this one. Keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment