Monday, June 20, 2011

The Big News

On May 2nd, I surprised Geoff with this "belated birthday gift," a bib that says I love Daddy. I had taken a pregnancy test the night before but knew I wanted to tell him in a special way. Waiting almost 24 hours to share the news with him was probably the hardest thing ever. But it was worth it to see his reaction when he opened that bag :) Pretty sure he yelled something like "holy crap! are you serious!" as he jumped up and ran over to me.
Patiently waiting to get into the doctor for another month (when I was 9 weeks along) was another difficult waiting period as we kept the secret from all our family and friends. My first appointment was June 2nd, when we got to see little baby Peck for the first time and hear the heartbeat. Amazing. We told my family that weekend when we were already scheduled to visit them, and then told Geoff's family the following weekend when we flew out to Milwaukee for a week. The timing worked out perfectly for us to tell our families in person, which was important to us, and then to finally be able to share our joyous news with all of our friends and church family after that :) We are so thankful for this new little blessing in our life, and excited for the next chapter as we embark into parenthood.

3 comments:

  1. So happy! I cannot believe you waited 24hrs to tell Geoff or that you took a test without him knowing?! You are one patient lady! What a cute idea to give him the daddy bib. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to clean up that language before the baby arrives... ;)

    ReplyDelete