Friday, March 1, 2013

Goals

Yep it's March and I'm just posting some of my goals for 2013. In case you couldn't tell, I don't take the whole "resolution" thing too seriously. I often don't bother making them because I know I will fail and who wants to start a year off with that attitude?! However, I like having goals. Goals are something to work towards, an end result or habit that takes time to achieve with built-in room for improvement. This I can get behind. And with my counseling\treatment planning background, I need my goals to be short-term, concrete and reachable, with clearly identifiable steps to achieve them. Ok that was far too much background info, I apologize. If you are still reading, here are some of my goals for the year:
• read 15 books, at least 5 non-fiction ones, including Babywise 2 and Sacred Parenting
• read through the New Testament (I'm using a YouVersion app for this)
• menu plan bi-weekly and lower our grocery bill (use cash system for this)
• exercise 3x per week and continue losing weight, continue eating a mostly non- wheat diet
• finish reading Sacred Marriage with Geoff
• do some sort of music or activity class with Zoe (library group, swim lessons, etc.)
• learn our DSLR camera
• get away together for at least one night without Zoe
• have a monthly date night

Well there ya go. Probably not that interesting to anyone out there but at least it's an easy way to keep myself accountable:) My main goal this year is not so tangible : to love well and be joyful. Because without those things, well, the rest of it doesn't really matter. Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. These are great goals! I'm working on lowering our grocery costs by using the cash-only method, too, and let me tell ya, sometimes I am freaking out mentally at the cash register, wondering if my calculations throughout the store were correct. I'm always afraid I'll be over by $5 or something. But it does make me pay very much attention to detail, and as a result, save money, so I guess it's worth it, right?

    This is Leanne, by the way : )

    ReplyDelete