Friday, January 18, 2013

Zoe's Winter "One"derland

 

The beautiful birthday girl

I'll admit, I had a hard time deciding what theme to go with for Zoe's birthday party. At this age, she doesn't really have any big likes or dislikes to help guide me, and have you ever searched for party ideas online? There are about a.million. of them! So after a few times of changing my mind I went with the winter "one"derland theme, figuring I should embrace the winter birthday~ and knowing that snowflake decor would be abundant and {more importantly} on sale after the holidays :) Plus I had picked up a sparkly silver tulle skirt for her last year that I thought would fit right in. And since Zoe will have no recollection of this party other than the pictures, I knew I had no reason to get carried away with it. Ultimately, I wanted it to be a fun time to celebrate Zoe with friends and family that was simple and low-cost. I think I achieved my goal.

I used scrapbook paper to create a birthday bunting
we hung white streamers and silver snowflakes from the ceiling to create a winter wonderland
I kept the food simple with chocolate dipped pretzel rods, vanilla and red velvet cupcakes, fruit, cheese and crackers, and meatballs, and I served coffee punch. I made cupcake toppers out of the leftover scrapbook paper. This was Zoe's first cupcake and she seemed to like it, especially the icing~ she ate it very daintily and left half of it. Her favorite part was probably playing with the other kids. She got some great gifts including clothes, books, videos and toys. Later that day she came down with a fever, so the rest of her birthday she was kinda pitiful, poor girl. Zoe, we were happy to have an excuse to celebrate you. You have given us a year of smiles and laughs, sleepless nights, dirty diapers, and love beyond comprehension... we've never been so dependent on God or each other... and we cannot wait to see what you've got in store for us this year! We love you.


1 comment:

  1. we had a great time! you did a wonderful job of hosting...seems you may have inherited your moms gift of hospitality + you have Pinterest! ;-) we are so proud of you guys and blessed as we watch you guys navigate these new waters...all by grace alone! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete