Thursday, September 13, 2012

8 Months

Every month I say this, and every month its more true -- time is flying by! How in the world is our little girl 8 months old already?! Sheesh! This parenting thing is a constant learning, growing experience, and while it has its difficult moments we are just loving it. Zoe is a bigger blessing than we could have asked for or imagined and we're looking forward to each and every day we get to enjoy this gift.
Some things I'm loving at this stage:
~ She sleeps on her side now, often with her legs sticking thru the crib slats and her thumb or ducky in her mouth. Its so cute I have to stop myself from kissing her.
~ She's so animated and talkative. I like to imagine what it is she is trying to say. Probably things like "thanks, mommy, you are the best..." :)
~ How she lights up when Geoff or I come home or enter a room. Nothing beats her smile.
~ 4hour stretches between meals and typically at least 1 long (1.5-2.5 hr) nap each day
~ She's working on crawling but not there yet so I'm clinging to these last days of putting her down somewhere and finding her in the same spot :)
~ Watching her play- I think she is going to have a great imagination.
~ She responds to her name - when she wants to :)


The harder-to-love things at this stage:
~ teething. She still just has part of her first tooth sticking thru but the drool and crankiness and waking up at night promise to bring more (come quickly please!)
~ She's much more clingy this past month or so. I like the holding her part, its the not getting much else done part that is challenging. Trying to enjoy these moments, though!
~ solid foods. She loves yogurt, sweet potatoes, carrots, bananas and did I mention yogurt? Its fun watching this development as she's beginning to eat more solid-consistency foods and learning to pick up puffs on her own. The thing I don't like about it is the preparation, the planning, and remembering to do it when we're out and about! I haven't done as well with making my own food as I had hoped, and its just so easy to buy it when I'm at Target... but I want to get better at this.

We love you, our little Zo, Zoobs, Pookie, Pumpkin, Zoe girl...You light up our days!

No comments:

Post a Comment