Monday, September 19, 2011

Corn Cob

24 weeks and Baby Peck is about as long as a corn cob (~12 inches) and weighs just over a pound. Baby's lungs and brain continue to develop, as well as taste buds which I find kinda funny. Baby will begin to plump up this next week and fill out some of those skin rolls, which is probably why I'm so hungry...

A few things I'm noticing lately:
  • Baby is moving a lot more (or I can feel it better)- no dramatic kicks yet that Daddy can feel but he still enjoys knowing that I'm feeling our little one regularly doing acrobatics
  • In the last month I've had more swelling in my legs and ankles but it seems to be mostly weather related if I'm on my feet too long- this cooler weather has made a difference!
  • My appetite has definitely increased, especially around lunch time. In the evenings I tend to get full faster, but am hungry again an hour or so later. Many days I eat 2-3 apples with peanut butter as a snack.
  • My food aversions are slowly but surely getting less and less. I made myself a cup of coffee this morning which makes 2 in the past week, quite an accomplishment! Even bigger than that, I made turkey burgers this past week which is the first time in, oh, probably 4 months. I even have plans to make chicken tortilla soup this week which will be my first chicken recipe probably since June. Geoff will be happy for something other than spaghetti or pizza! (By the way, I made individual pizzas last week on flattened Pillsbury Grand rolls and they were delicious! Mmmm that flaky crust!)

1 comment:

  1. Look at you! Thank you for putting up a picture of your belly. :) I wanted to see your progress but it's kind of weird to stare at you (or a pregnant lady in general) in church. Eat those apples girlfriend, baby likes it!

    ReplyDelete