Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Weekend with Jefferson

Every now and then we like to get away for a day or two to somewhere fairly close by, and for fairly cheap. Its always nice to have some time together away from the usual day-to-day, and to see new things and make new memories together. Geoff and I decided to use a recent holiday weekend to do just that. Since so many of our friends here in NoVa migrated from Charlottesville, VA, and we've heard so much about it, we decided to check out what all the fuss was about. We had a great weekend away. I promise you that we did more than just eat, although our pictures do not convey that very well...

DSC01816 DSC01817
Dinner @ Continental Divide. This place was fabulous, definitely a return-to dinner spot. Geoff had chicken enchiladas and I had the pork tacos (which were huge by the way. wow.)

DSC01821DSC01828
Coffee at Shenandoah Joes, with pretty leaf art on top of our lattes; and frozen yogurt at Arch’s, which was delicious and totally healthy ;) I may have eaten the majority of it… it did have brownie chunks in it so its really not my fault… DSC01852 Enjoying the gorgeous views at Kings Family Vineyards just outside Charlottesville. The mountains were stunning- we wished we’d brought along a picnic.

DSC01866DSC01877
On Monday, to finish out our weekend we toured the beautiful campus of UVA- well, the historical part of it anyways. The architecture is quite magnificent. Way to go, Jefferson.

Thanks, Charlottesville, for a fabulous getaway. And thanks, GAO, for providing enough travel opportunities for Geoff so that our hotel was free :)

1 comment:

  1. Creepy truth:

    I was in Cville at Shenandoah Joes the exact same day you were. All day when I was in cville I kept my eyes pealed for you both. If only I had hit up King's Family Vineyards instead of that one we did go to I could have seen you two.

    ReplyDelete