Wednesday, February 16, 2011

L.o.v.e.

DSC01789The Evening Star Cafe in Alexandria is one of those restaurants you walk by and think “ooh, that looks like a nice place!” and then you see the menu and think “ooh, wow, it’ll have to be a special occasion…”. Thanks to a DSC01790generous gift certificate from the couple Danielle babysits for, we were able to enjoy a romantic, delicious dinner at Evening Star to celebrate Valentine’s Day! We started off with BLT mac n’ cheese as our appetizer (a-mazing!), followed by entrees of pork tenderloin with garlic potatoes and fried onions, and an Indian inspired red snapper dish. I ordered the fish to be daring, and ended up swapping meals with Geoff when I didn’t like it. Thanks Valentine :)

DSC01797After our delicious dinner, we realized we needed dessert for later! So, off to our favorite bakery: Buzz! Geoff got the chocolate “love” cupcake and I got a caramel/Snickers one. De-lish! DSC01805

Geoff also bought me this beautiful yellow rose. So sweet :) It was a sentimental gift, a reminder  from college. Our first unofficial Valentines, when we were in that {liked each other but not dating yet}stage, I went away over the weekend to see my family and Geoff schemed with one of my roommates to have a pretty red rose on my desk waiting for me when I returned. Awww. So special that we have these memories to look back on, to remember the beginnings of our love and see how it has grown over the years. Not that we need a special day to remind us of it, but it is a good excuse for a fancy dinner and a beautiful flower :)

No comments:

Post a Comment