Monday, December 6, 2010

Today

Today was pointless. Today was one of those days where you wonder why you bothered to get up and out of bed at all. Today was a day of sitting. Sitting and waiting. Waiting for a child to have a meltdown so that I would feel useful. C'z hey, I can at least offer them a crayon and a piece of paper to color "until they feel better" and have an excuse to color, too. I'm a bit afraid the teachers walking by may judge me if I was coloring all by myself...? Today was a day of struggling to look busy when the principal kept walking by (which is highly unusual), but then struggling to care because hey, it's not like I'm getting paid to be doing something I'm not. Is that wrong? Today was a day of being glad I brought something to microwave for lunch so I had an excuse to walk across the building. So today I decided to look for school counselor job openings. Bad idea. Unless I want to move to California or Massachusetts. Whats that, mom? too far away? yeah, I agree. So that was today. I have high hopes for tonight.

P.S. most times I try to be thoughtful and have a point to my blog posts. Today is not one of those days.

3 comments:

  1. aww poor Danielle! I hope you got a pick-me-up ;)
    I'll pray this "chapter" ends quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, everybody has days like that. :) Don't feel too badly... I would almost say that I hope you have 10 horrible kids tomorrow, but that would just be mean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you had a rough day :( Thinking about you...

    ReplyDelete