Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Breakfast at Home


While here in America we connect sporting events with food such as hot dogs, burgers, and nachos, the Europeans have a slightly different, more refined menu. Last weekend, you may know, was the Wimbledon finals and it is tradition for them to serve "Breakfast at Wimbledon" which consists of strawberries and cream. Geoff and I decided that we should do our own breakfast celebration here at home for something fun and different.

So... I made scones (in the shape of hearts, aren't they cute!), which we served with strawberries and cream (which I whipped myself). I have to say I felt very refined as we sat there eating our English breakfast, watching the tennis finals. Apparently, those in attendance at the event eat more than 2 million berries and 1800 gallons of cream. Glad I didn't have to prepare all that!


1 comment: