Sunday, November 9, 2008

Feeling Kinda Sunday

So it's Sunday afternoon, which means I'm left scratching my head at how the Packers let another game get away and Danielle is trying to stay awake while reading for class (Update: she's asleep on the couch). So that leaves me here on the ground with the laptop propped up against the coffee table, since the screen doesn't want to stay up on its own anymore. By the way, it's not the only thing that has broken around here recently (See: Taurus, Ford).

It has come to my attention that I haven't blogged here in months. In fact, my last entry centered on the fact that I had only 40 days before the end of graduate school and the beginning of my workin' days. It has now been 181 days since I started at the GAO. But thankfully Danielle has been keeping the masses (hi mom) up to date in my absence. (Update: Danielle's awake)

As I look back at that April entry, I recall how much I wanted school to be over and how much I wanted to be working. Six straight years of higher education had taken its toll, and I was ready to be done. I also recall wondering if I would miss school once it was all over. I am glad to report that six months later, there is no longing to return to the classroom. Rather, I am thankful that I have a steady job in a very unsteady economic climate and that Danielle now has the opportunity to go to school to prepare for her future.

In the coming days and weeks, I hope to return to blogging on a more regular basis. There are several things I would like to write about, and at the top of the list is my reaction to the outcome of the election. I am still mulling that topic over, but hopefully will have my thoughts together soon. Suffice it to say for now, I am glad the campaign season is over - and so is Danielle. She has bore the brunt of my musings for several (many) months now, so I'm sure she's happy for the brief respite. Guess that's what she gets for marrying a political junkie.

But for now, I'm going to get back to enjoying the rest of my favorite day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment