Saturday, January 19, 2008

Virginia: Winter Wonderland?

One thing I don't miss about Wisconsin is the cold. As I type this, my hometown is bearing the brunt of -3 degree weather that feels more like an excruciating 24 below zero because of the wind. Here in Virginia, it's 34 and feels like it. But what I do miss about Wisconsin, besides getting to watch every Packer game, is the snow. I'm talking up to a foot of snow at a time; snow you can build forts out of; snow you can play "King of the Hill" on; snow that on occasion lets you stay home from school; snow that makes you wish you had a bigger shovel or a more powerful snow blower.

Since moving out here to Virginia, I haven't seen any accumulation on the ground. Apparently we had a snow last winter, but I was up in PA for the weekend. So when the news reported a 100% chance of the white stuff this afternoon, Danielle and I were quite excited. A bonus is that Jeter evens loves playing around in the fluffy flakes. And even though we haven't even got an inch on the ground yet, it was still great to experience something this transplanted couple from the North doesn't get to see too much anymore...














2 comments:

  1. Cool. We miss the snow across the border as well but like you good riddens to the freezing cold.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, sorry about that. It's back now.

    ReplyDelete